I was recently evaluating True Basic for its potential to migrate an old DOS app to Windows, here is what I learned.
- True Basic was Basmark Basic back in the day.
- There is almost no activity on the support forums.
- The software doesn’t appear to have been updated since 2013.
- The basic version doesn’t include the ability to create executables.
- A thirty day demo is available.
- Once you download the demo you get access to a number of other apps / files – including a user manual.
- There is a very basic program for converting other basic variants (e.g. QuickBasic) to TrueBasic – but it adds line numbers AND doesn’t appear to handle anything related to graphics.
- Pricing starts at $39 for Bronze, then $199 for silver.
Based on this data I won’t be using True Basic…and I doubt you should either.