Skip to content
- Microsoft Learn – Interactive free courses, similar to Codecademy, etc.
- Take Your First Steps with C# – Covers outputting to the screen, literals and variables, basic string formatting, basic mathematical operations, calling methods from a .NET Class Library, using decision logic (
if-elseif-else), storing and iterating through data in arrays, using the
foreach statement, creating readable code (conventions, whitespace, comments).
- Add Logical to Your Applications with C# – Covers evaluating boolean expressions, controlling variable scope and logic using code blocks,
switch-case construct (branching),
for statement (iterating),
do-while statements (looping).
- Work with Data in C# – Covers data types, converting data (including casting), helper methods for arrays, formatting alphanumeric data for presentation, using string data type methods to alter content of strings.
- Build .NET Applications with C# – Covers writing your first C# code (“Hello World!”), introduction to .NET, creating a new .NET project, working with project dependencies, interactively debugging .NET apps with Visual Studio Code’s debugger, working with files/directories in a .NET app, and creating a Web API with ASP.NET Core.
- Learn C# in Y Minutes – Short reference to C#, good for individuals looking to refresh or those coming from a similar language.
- Cake – Cross-platform build tool (like make).
- Bogus – Fake data generator.
- NuGet – Package Manager.
- Moq – For mocking.
- NUnit – Unit testing.
- AutoMapper – Object-to-Object Mapper.