- Chris Coyier. CSS Basics: The Syntax That Matters & The Syntax That Doesn’t. css-tricks, 2019.
- Peter Jang. Modern CSS Explained for Dinosaurs. Actualize, 2018.
- Excellent article that covers the evolution of CSS over the past 20+ years.
- MDN Web Docs. Introduction to CSS Layout. Mozilla.
- A living document that provides a fairly comprehensive overview of different methods for layout using CSS. Has links for each topic to articles that explore each method more extensively.
- Chris House, CSS-Tricks Staff. A Complete Guide to Grid. CSS-Tricks, 2019.
- Pretty extensive, lots of helpful code examples and illustrations.
- Flexbox Froggy.
- Interactive game that helps in learning Flexbox.
- Chris Coyier. Here’s The Thing About “Unused CSS” Tools. css-tricks, 2018.
- Good article that offers reasonable caution with using automated tools to find unused CSS.
- Chris Coyier. A Complete Guide to Data Attributes. css-tricks, 2020.
- Good article, the use of these data attributes appears to be increasing, note usage in Bootstrap for example.
- Colby Fayock. You Don’t Need CSS-in-JS: Why (and When) I Use Stylesheets Instead. freecodecamp, 2019.
- Fayock offers a guide to getting many of the advantages of CSS-in-JS using vanilla CSS without being too dogmatic about it.
- normalize.css – 36k
- Tailwind CSS – 14.1k – Utility-first framework for rapid UI development.
- tachyons – 9.1k – Functional CSS
- primer/css – 8.5k – CSS design system used on GitHub.