SQLite defines itself as “a C-language library that implements a small, fast, self-contained, high-reliability, full-featured, SQL database engine.” They claim it is “the most used database engine in the world.” It’s source code
- What is SQLite? codecademy.
- SQLite the only database you will ever need in most cases. unixsheikh, 4/2021.
- Fairly high-level and enthusiastic endorsement of sqlite for most usages.
- Anton Zhiyanov. SQLite is not a toy database. antonz, 3/2021.
- Covers some of the best features of SQLite including its console, import/export, native JSON support, CTEs and set operations, math statistics, performance, documents, graphs, and search.
- tutorialspoint’s Learn SQLite Tutorial Series.
- SQLite Tutorial (sqlitetutorial.net).
- Official SQLite Site
- The official homepage of SQLite.
- DB Browser for SQLite – Stars: 17.6k – Updated: 12/2022 – Checked: 1/2023
- A popular, open source, cross-platform, and free GUI for SQLite databases.
- SQLiteStudio – Stars: 3.2k – Updated: 1/2023 – Checked: 1/2023
- Another free, open source, cross-platform GUI for SQLite databases.
- SQLite Web – Stars: 1.7k – Updated: 12/2022 – Checked: 1/2023
- A web-based SQLite GUI that allows one to use a web browser to view and manage SQLite databases.
- This is the quickest way I’ve found to access Visual Studio Code (VSC) Dev Containers’ SQLite databases in a visual manner.
- sqlitebiter – Stars: 741 – Updated: 3/2022 – Checked: 1/2023
- “A CLI tool to convert CSV / Excel / HTML / JSON / Jupyter Notebook / LDJSON / LTSV / Markdown / SQLite / SSV / TSV / Google-Sheets to a SQLite database file.”
- sqlite-utils – Stars: 1.1k – Updated: 12/2022 – Checked: 1/2023
- “CLI tool and Python utility functions for manipulating SQLite databases”
High Availability / Replication
- dqlite – Stars: 3.3k – Updated: 1/2023 – Checked: 1/2023
- “dqlite is a C library that implements an embeddable and replicated SQL database engine with high-availability and automatic failover.”
- “The acronym ‘dqlite’ stands for ‘distributed SQLite’, meaning that dqlite extends SQLite with a network protocol that can connect together various instances of your application and have them act as a highly-available cluster, with no dependency on external databases.”
- Created by redgate, this software provides version control for databases and works with SQLite.
Exploration / Visualization
- Datasette – Stars: 5k – Updated: 4/2021 – Checked: 4/2021
- “Datasette is a tool for exploring and publishing data. It helps people take data of any shape or size, analyze and explore it, and publish it as an interactive website and accompanying API.” It includes support for SQLite.
- Full Stack Python: SQLite.
- Part of the Full Stack Python site/book. Covers some tools, tutorials, and specific scenarios relating to SQLite. A good place to find resources.
- Official Python Documentation: sqlite3 – DB-API 2.0 interface for SQLite databases.
- Official SQLAlchemy Documentation on SQLite.
- sqlite_utils Python Library.
- Scout – Stars: 274- Updated: 12/2022 – Checked: 1/2023
- “RESTful search server written in Python, powered by SQLite…aims to be a lightweight, RESTful search server in the spirit of ElasticSearch.”