Skip to content
- A brief introduction to Deno, how to install, and links to additional articles.
- Nilson Jacques. Node.js vs Deno: What You Need to Know. sitepoint, 7/2020.
- High-level comparison of Node and Deno.
- Robin Wieruch. How To Get Started with Deno Tutorial. 6/2020.
- For a brief introduction the two articles by Jacques are useful – once you are ready to dive into code, this article by Wieruch is great! Covers at a high level why deno, installation, permissions, web API compatibility, standard library, third party libraries, imports, testing, TypeScript, and environment variables.
- Craig Buckler. How to Use Deno’s Built-in Tools. sitepoint, 8/2020.
- Provides high-level guidance on the REPL, dependency inspector, linter, test runner, V8 debugger, code formatter, documentation generator, script bundling, and script installation tools bundled with Deno.
- Craig Buckler. Deno Modules: Usage, Best Practices & Node Module Imports. sitepoint, 7/2020.
- James Wright. Building Microservices with Deno, Reno, and PostgreSQL. sitepoint, 9/2020.
- Nilson Jacques. Build a Command Line Weather App in Deno. sitepoint, 8/2020.
- Robin Wieruch. Getting Started with Oak in Deno. 6/2020.
- Covers at a high level context, middleware, and routes in Oak.
- This is actually the second part of Wieruch’s How To Get Started with Deno Tutorial referenced above. Unfortunately, I’m not nearly as big a fan of this article as of its predecessor.
- Robin Wieruch. How to Create a REST API with Oak in Deno. 6/2020.
- Third part of the series by Wieruch. I had issues with getting the messages.post route to work.
- Covers at a high level using curl with REST APIs, routes in Oak, HTTP methods as REST operations, URIs as REST resources, modularizing models as data sources, and modularizing routing.
- Denoify – Stars: 470 – Last Updated: 11/2020 – Last Checked: 11/2020.
- Converts node/web modules into Deno-compatible modules.
- Deno Docker – Stars: 378 – Last Updated: 11/2020 – Last Checked: 11/2020.
- “Docker files for deno published on Dockerhub.”
- Deno Version Manager (dvm) – Stars: 229 – Last Updated: 11/2020 – Last Checked: 11/2020.
- “Easy way to manage multiple active deno versions.”
- Awesome Deno – Stars: 2.5k – Last Updated: 10/2020 – Last Checked: 11/2020.