Skip to content
- Functions are first-class citizens.
- Pure Functions
- Referential Transparency
- No Side-Effects
- Data Transformation
- Higher-Order Functions
- 1. An Introduction. 2017. – composing functions, point-free style, composing objects, class inheritance, tight coupling, fragile base class, inflexible hierarchy, duplication by necessity, gorilla/banana problem, object concatenation, mixin composition.
- 2. The Dao of Immutability. 2015. – immutability, separation, composition, conservation, streams.
- 3. The Rise and Fall and Rise of Functional Programming. 2017. – lambda calculus, currying, Lisp, Smalltalk.
- 5. What is a Pure Function? 2016. – functions, arguments, return value, mapping, procedures, pure functions, KISS, shared state, race conditions, determinism, side effects, immutability, unit tests.
- 6. What is Functional Programming? 2017. – pure functions, referential transparency, function composition, shared state, immutability, trie data structures, side effects, higher order functions, declarative, imperative.
Object.assign(), destructuring, comparison, ternaries, functions, signatures, function signature notation, default parameter values, identity function, caveat of function’s
.length property, named arguments, rest, currying, anonymous functions, lodash, function composition, methods, method chaining, predicate
- Guido Schmitz. Higher Order Functions: How to Use Filter, Map and Reduce for More Maintainable Code. freecodecamp, 2017.
- Functional Light JS Book. 3/2020.