Packages which are supported by JetBrains PhpStorm are denoted by (PS).
- Composer – 20.7k Stars – (PS) – The main tool used to manage dependencies in PHP.
composer -v– Check that composer is working, see currently installed version.
composer list– See a list of the available commands for composer.
composer help command– Shows documentation related to the desired command.
composer init– Initializes composer for the given project.
composer require name/package– Adds to the composer.json and can install the specified package.
name/packageto indicate this dependency is only needed for development, not production.
composer show– List of currently required packages.
composer install– Uses an existing composer.json to install dependencies.
composer update– Updates dependencies to latest available.
- Packagist – An online repository of packages for PHP, used in conjunction with Composer.
- Phive – Not so much for installing dependencies as for installing tooling. Love this.
Static Code Analysis
- Psalm (by Vimeo) – 2.3k Stars
- Phan – 4.8k Stars – Static analyzer.
- PHP Static Analysis Tool (phpstan) – 8k Stars
- PHP CodeSniffer (phpcs) – 7.3k stars – (PS)
- Tom McFarlin. Installing Multiple Coding Standards. 5/2019.
- PHP Coding Standards Fixer – 8k Stars – (PS, VSC) – Automatically correct PHP Coding Standards issues.
- PHP Mess Detector – (PS)
- Php Inspections (EA Extended) – (PS) – A PhpStorm plugin that provides numerous additional inspections beyond those bundled with PhpStorm.
- PHPUnit – 14.6k Stars – (PS) – The defacto standard for unit testing PHP.
- Faker – 21.6k Stars
- Prophecy – 6.8k Stars – Mocking framework.
- PHP Code Coverage – 6.5k
- Mockery – 8.3k Stars – For creating mock objects.
- PHPSpec – (PS)
- Behat – (PS)
- Codeception – (PS) – A popular testing framework.
- PHP Documentor – 2.4k Stars
- phpdotenv – 9.6k Stars – Allows environment variables to be loaded from .env to getenv().
- Deployer – 7k Stars – Deployment Tool.
- Behat – 3.1k Stars – BDD.
- Phing – (PS)