- Kyle Stratis. Splitting, Concatenating, and Joining Strings in Python. Real Python.
- Includes separators, maxsplit, and .join() in addition to above.
- Dan Bader. Python String Formatting Best Practices. Real Python.
- Covers four different methods of formatting strings including: % Operator, str.format, string interpolation / f-Strings, and template strings.
- Also provides direction on when to use each method.
- John Sturtz. A Guide to the Newer Python String Formatting Techniques. Real Python, 2/2020.
- James Mertz. Reading and Writing Files in Python (Guide). Real Python.
- Covers paths, line endings, character encodings, opening and closing, text/binary/raw file types, iterating over lines, working with bytes, __file__, etc.
- Vuyisile Ndlovu. Working with Files in Python. Real Python.
- Covers “with open(…) as …”, directory listings, file attributes, creating directories, filename pattern matching, directory traversal, temporary files/dirs, deleting/copying/moving/renaming, archiving, etc.
Conditionals / Branching
- John Sturtz. Python “for” Loops (Definite Iteration). Real Python.
- Covers numeric range, three-expression, and collection-based or iterator-based loops; iterating through a dictionary, the range function, break/continue statements, and the else clause.
- John Sturtz. Variables in Python. Real Python.
- Covers variable assignment, types, object references and identity, variable naming, and reserved words.
- John Sturtz. Strings and Character Data in Python. Real Python.
- Covers string manipulation (operations, built-in functions, indexing, slicing, interpolating variables, modifying strings, and built-in methods) as well as bytes Objects (defining, operations on, and bytearray Objects).
- Bartosz Zaczynski. Your Guide to the Python print() Function. Real Python, 8/2019.
- In-depth guide to print() from the basics to advanced.
- Brad Solomon. Generating Random Data in Python (Guide). Real Python.
- Jaya Zhane. Writing Comments in Python (Guide). Real Python.
- John Sturtz. Operators and Expressions in Python. Real Python.
- Covers arithmetic, comparison, logical, bitwise, identity, and augmented assignment operators. Also operator precedence.